Skin care is essential even when it is raining outside. This needs to become a habit whatever the season might be. With regular skin care there are fewer chances of you facing skin problems like acne, pimples or dry and oily skin. It is important to ensure your skin is clean and exfoliated well during this season. Use a high quality moisturizer and a toner to eliminate any skin problem. Listed below are some tips for skin care during monsoons.
- You might not feel as thirsty during this season, but it is important to stay well hydrated not only for the overall health but also for a healthy skin. Ensure you consume plain and simple water and not all those juices and sodas which can cause more harm than good.
- It is natural to enjoy a hot water bath but you need to be aware that this hot water is damaging to the skin. Go for a bath but make sure the water is just luke warm and not ‘HOT’.
- Wearing sandals or open toed shoes during monsoons can lead to different infections of the foot. On the other hand, closed shoes do not let your feet breathe. You need to wash your feet every time you get back home and ensure you dry these completely. A regular pedicure can be termed as an ‘essential’ during monsoons.
- Avoid using too much of make-up, or even if you need to, use make-up which is water resistant. It is important to let your skin breathe. You can use a light lip balm for your lips so that these are well moisturized.
- Choose a sunscreen in accordance to your skin type. This needs to be applied generously when you step out of the house.
Different Face Packs for Monsoons:
- Apple Face Pack:
Add 1 teaspoonful of sugar to one mashed apple. You also need to add a few drops of essential oils and around 2 spoons of milk. Apply this mixture on your face and wash it off after around 15 minutes. Your skin is well nourished and hydrated with this face pack.
- Oatmeal and Pomegranate Face Pack:
Mix pomegranate seeds with a little honey, buttermilk and oatmeal. This needs to be blended well before you apply this on your face. After around 15 minutes you need to scrub this off and then wash. Your skin is well nourished due to the presence of vitamin C and the anti-oxidants present. This can also help in removing the dead skin and rejuvenating it totally.
- Gram Flour Face Pack:
Mix a tablespoon of gram flour with a little curd and a pinch of turmeric to get a thick paste. This needs to be applied on your face and also your neck. After around 10 minutes you can spray some rose water on this before washing it off. Your skin is clean and well nourished with this face pack.
It is important to take good care of your skin during monsoons and the above listed tips can definitely benefit.
Skin Care in winters: Winters are always welcome for most people but not many are aware of the fact that this season can play havoc with your skin. Before you suffer the..